What We Do
To facilitate growth and enhance the overall quality of life for the Hastings area.
The Chamber will be the catalyst organization that ensures the Hastings area is the ideal place to grow business, work, and live.
Connector | Commerce | Crucial
The Chamber is a connector of leaders and influencers making a difference in our community:
- Making new residents feel welcome to the community of Hastings
- Refer all callers to Chamber members and engage with prospect residents when they request information
- Promote members in our weekly newsletter by business spotlights and advertisements
- Conduct meetings through the Business, Industry and Education partnership to promote careers locally so students may choose to stay in Hastings or come back after college.
- Coordinate the New Educators Dinner to welcome new teachers to the community along side the BIE committee.
- Public relation groups such as Ambassadors and Diplomats as representatives of the Chamber to welcome new business owners to the Hastings Community
The Chamber is a commerce supporting business growth and promotion:
- The Retail Development Committee conducts studies to help us identify the community's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to grow the number of retailers in the Hastings community, as well as, retain our current retailers.
- Promote members through our Business Directory
- Listings on our website and online exclusively for Chamber Members
- Issue Chamber Dollars to encourage shoppers to purchase locally
The Chamber is crucial in providing access and advocacy on behalf of businesses:
- The Chamber provides a business voice at the local, state, and national levels of federal policy and legislative issues
- It is the role of the Chamber to advocate and support the local community and its economy.
- The Chamber markets the area through advertising, events and other means to help drive additional sales tax and lodging revenue.