Join The Chamber Connectors
Connector | Commerce | Crucial
What is a Chamber Connector?
Chamber Connectors are an active and visible voluntary position at the Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce. They play an essential role in member communication and retention. Each Connector is charged with conveying member needs, questions, and concerns to Chamber staff and is a resource to current members while representing the Chamber in the Hastings community.
- Ribbon cuttings – Honor fellow Chamber members by attending ribbon cuttings for member businesses.
- Anniversary Salutes - Honor fellow Chamber members' business milestones by attending anniversary salutes.
- Hospitality – Personally welcome everyone who attends Chamber events and help create a positive experience.
- Networking – Support the Chamber’s networking programs by participating and inviting members and guests to events.
- Promote Chamber engagement through business or personal social media platforms.
- New Member Mentoring – Reach out to new members throughout their first two years of membership to answer questions, be a friendly face and encourage their participation.
- Refer non-members to Chamber staff to visit with about membership.
- Assist Chamber by keeping member records up-to-date by visiting with current members via phone, email, and in-person visits.
- Remember other members when doing business.
- Enhance career development/networking.
- Increased exposure for your business.
- Gain an insider’s perspective of the local business community.
- Recognition for you and your business.
- Members will be listed on the Chamber website.
- Members will be recognized at events.
- Attend 75% of monthly meetings (virtual or in-person).
- Attend 50% of all monthly Chamber networking events. (Including BAH/BBH/Open House)
- Attend a minimum of 3 recognition events (ribbon cuttings, anniversary salutes, and/or groundbreakings) per month.
- Serve as a volunteer as needed at Chamber functions.
- Businesses must be a member of the Chamber for at least one year before staff is eligible. This is meant for members to have time to learn and see what the Chamber does to increase familiarity.
- Businesses may only have one employee as a Connector. Individuals must have been employed for a minimum of 6 months with their company to apply. This will allow potential applicants to become familiar with their jobs and determine if they can make the time commitment.
- Participation will be evaluated based on their activity in the program throughout the year.
*Exceptions can be made based on committee review.
Once added to the group there will be a 90-day preliminary period to ensure the Connectors is a good fit for each individual joining.
The group is not limited to a maximum number of members.
This group does not have an annual fee.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 12:15 pm at the Chamber offices.
An email reminder will be sent Monday for the week’s upcoming events. There will also be an email sent on the day of the event. To receive text message alerts 30 minutes before an event you will need to TEXT: hastingschamber TO: 844.704.8400