Business After Hours
Business After Hours are the perfect opportunity for you to meet other individuals in the Hastings business community. Chamber businesses and their employees are invited to attend, and each event is sponsored by a different area business allowing everyone the opportunity to showcase their business.
If you business would like to host an Business after Hours here are a few things you need to know:
- First contact the Chamber with the date that you would like to host your event. Do this before you start any other preparations.
- After you have secured the date with the Chamber office the next step will be to obtain a liquor license through a local provider and that can be either a local bar or a local liquor store. This needs to be done at a minimum of 21 days in advance of the Business After Hours. You cannot provide the alcohol yourself, you have to have a license vendor provide and serve the alcohol.
- Next obtain a caterer to provide the food or you can choose to cater the event yourself. We usually tell you to expect 100 people from the Chamber so if you are inviting your own customers make sure to add that number into your food count.
- Create a flyer for the event with details on who, what, when, where and time. This flyer needs to be to the Chamber office at least one month prior to the event so we can get it into the newsletter
- Each business can decide how extravagant or simple they would like to go. You can either host the Business After Hours on your own or you can have another business or multiple business join in with you. For the best attendance possible you are encouraged to invite your own
customers and the Chamber will invite the membership.
- The Chamber charges a $100 fee and for that you will get 3 email blasts, 1 newsletter insert —that the Chamber will print and insert, 1 facebook post, 1 Twitter post and 1 text message
reminder that will be sent to the membership the night of the event as a quick reminder.
- The time frame for our Business After Hours is 5-7 pm and we typically hold them on Thursdays but that is flexible. We will not host more than one in the same week.
The Chamber will take care of the name tags and welcome table. We will host a split the pot raffle and your business is encouraged to provide a raffle item from your company to showcase your
produces. At 6:00 p.m. someone from your company will be able to get up in front of everyone and introduce your self and staff and tell the group about the services you provide. Once you are done with your introductions we will pick for the raffle and split the pot winners.