Leadership Hastings is an enrichment program coordinated by volunteers and designed to foster the community's quality of life through leadership development, awareness enhancement, and community involvement.
Leadership Hastings was started by a group of Hastings residents in 1987. During the last 25+ years the program has seen over 500 graduates. It is governed and class sessions are coordinated by a 22 member advisory board.
Class sessions are coordinated to:
- Develop an increased awareness of community assets and challenges in the areas of agriculture, business, culture, education, government, health, human services, law, and recreation.
- Enhance leadership skills and qualities which lead to creative and insightful problem solving.
- To encourage involvement and commitment to sharing knowledge and leadership skills in community, work and family.
- Foster a diverse leadership base while at the same time creating an alumni network.
The program encompasses 9 class day sessions which are held approximately the second Wednesday of each month between the months of September through May from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Classes are filled each June.
The Leadership Hastings program is $525 per participant. A limited number of partial scholarships may be available.Fall 2016 Winter 2017Spring 2017
For more information please contact:
(402) 519-8019 or
• All award winners must have been born in Nebraska, lived in Nebraska, worked in Nebraska, or contributed in a direct way to the betterment of Nebraskans.
• All candidates for this award will be judged on their leadership contributions in their chosen field.
• Candidates for this award may be nominated by the Leadership Hastings Award Committee members, Leadership Hastings Board of Directors members, or the public at large.