Mission & Goals
Our mission is to improve the overall business climate and quality of life for the Hastings area.
The Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce is a partnership of approximately 700 businesses, organizations and individuals who are committed to growing the economy and enhancing the opportunity for businesses to succeed in the Hastings area.
Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce Goals:
Develop and enhance programs that promote facilitate and stimulate economic growth:
- Making new residents feel welcome to the community of Hastings
- Promote members through our Business Directory
- Listings on our website and online exclusively for Chamber Members
- Issue Chamber Dollars to encourage shoppers to purchase locally
- Refer all callers to Chamber members and engage with prospect residents when they request information
- Promote members in our monthly newsletter by business spotlights and advertisements
- The Hastings Builders Bureau is a membership owned local plan room to house blueprints for sup contractors and suppliers
Promote civic participation and development
- Diplomats council volunteer their time and resources to sustain a year-round retention program that involves making personal visits and follow-up telephone calls to Chamber Members in order to establish strong relations between the Chamber and the Member
- Governmental Affairs provide a business voice at the local, state, and national levels of federal policy and legislative issues
- The Retail Development Committee conducts studies to help us identify the community's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to grow the number of retailers in the Hastings community, as well as, retain our current retailers.
Provide business advocacy and education:
- Conduct meetings through the Business, Industry and Education partnership to promote careers locally so students may choose to stay in Hastings or come back after college.
- Coordinate the New Educators Dinner to welcome new teachers to the community along side the BIE committee.
- Public relation groups such as Ambassadors and Diplomats as representatives of the Chamber to welcome new business owners to the Hastings Community